Department of Defense Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for Fiscal Year 2015 through June 2015
The Department of Defense (DoD) announced today recruiting and retention statistics for the active and reserve components for fiscal year (FY) 2015 through June 2015.
Recruiting: Three of the four active services met or exceeded their fiscal year-to-date (FYTD) 2015 accession goals through June 2015. The Army missed their goal by 4,696.
• Army – 38,918 accessions, with a goal of 43,614; 89.2 percent.
• Navy – 25,380 accessions, with a goal of 25,380; 100.0 percent.
• Marine Corps – 21,025 accessions, with a goal of 21,005; 100.1 percent.
• Air Force – 17,495 accessions, with a goal of 17,480; 100.1 percent.
Retention: The Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps exhibited strong retention numbers for the 9th month of FY 2015.
Recruiting: Five of the six reserve components met or exceeded their FYTD accession goals through June 2015. The Army National Guard missed by 3,527. All six of the reserve components met or exceeded the DoD quality benchmarks.
• Army National Guard – 32,654 accessions, with a goal of 36,181; 90.3 percent.
• Army Reserve – 20,897 accessions, with a goal of 20,773; 100.6 percent.
• Navy Reserve – 4,042 accessions, with a goal of 4,042; 100.0 percent.
• Marine Corps Reserve – 5,995 accessions, with a goal of 5,941; 100.9 percent.
• Air National Guard – 6,810 accessions, with a goal of 6,810; 100.0 percent.
• Air Force Reserve – 5,213 accessions, with a goal of 4,994; 104.4 percent.
Attrition: Each of the six reserve components met their FY attrition goals. Current trends are expected to continue. (Note: This indicator lags by 1 month due to data availability).
Detailed information on specific recruiting data can be obtained by contacting the individual military recruiting commands at 502-626-0164 for Army, 210-565-4678 for Air Force, 703-784-9454 for Marine Corps, and 901-874-9048 for Navy. The reserve components can be reached at the following numbers: National Guard Bureau 703-607-2586, Army Reserve 910-570-8330, Air Force Reserve 703-697-1761, Navy Reserve 757-322-5652, and Marine Corps Reserve 504-678-6535.